I am excited and honored that Leigh with SimpLeigh Organized nominated me to receive the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. In order to accept this award, I must do a few things.
First, I must thank the person who nominated me:
Thank you so much Leigh for the nomination. Leigh has an amazing blog about saving money, organizing, decorating and cleaning your home! Be sure to check out her blog!
Second, I must share seven things about myself:
1. I love butterflies and what they represent. One of my favorite quotes is, “Just when the caterpillar thought it was over, it became a butterfly”. Therefore, no matter how ugly a situation may seem (the caterpillar); never give up because if you press through to the end, something beautiful (the butterfly) may come of it.
2. My name has a special meaning. When my mother was pregnant, my eight-year-old brother had a crush on a girl named Keishawna in his class. He asked, and my mother allowed him to name me after his crush. My brother drowned when I was three years old so it is special to know that one of the last things he did was name me.
3. I love the color turquoise. I am not sure why, but something about it is just beautiful to me.
4. My son is a miracle baby. When I was younger, a doctor told me that I would have a hard time getting pregnant, and if I did, she said I would not carry a baby full term. I was overjoyed when I learned I was pregnant with my son.
A month after I found out I was expecting, the doctors discovered I had a blood clot, which potentially could have taken my life or caused an issue during my delivery. To God be the glory, I delivered a healthy and happy baby on June 5, 2012. He came out in two pushes!
5. I love Christian fiction. One of my favorite books is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It is a beautiful story of unconditional love, hope and redemption.
If you feel that you have done so much that no one could love you, I urge you to read this book. It will show you that even at our worse, God’s love for us is unfailing and He can place someone in our lives who will love us regardless of the worst thing we have done.
6. I love motivating and encouraging at-risk youth. Growing up in single parent home, I was considered an “at-risk” teen. By the grace of God, I overcame the stereotypes and accomplished so much. I want to serve as a source of hope for other teens that they do not have to become a product of their environment.
7. I am on a journey to find the “jolly” in every “moment” life brings my way! It is not just the name of this blog, but I am really purposing to make it a lifestyle because I know truly, “all things work together for the good” Romans 8:28.
Third, I must nominate seven bloggers that I follow and love:
The following blogs, in no particular order, have encouraged or inspired me in some way. I hope that if you visit some of them, you are encouraged as well.
Daughter By Design: A Journey of Faith
Lastly, I must post the award button on my website: DONE!
Again, thank you Leigh for nominating The Jolly Moments to receive this award!
6 thoughts on “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”
Congratulations sis and thank YOU for the nomination. I truly enjoy your blog and the insight that you share. You’re truly an inspiring woman!
Congratulations Keishawna! You truly deserve the award. I have gained many simple jolly moments from your blog — even from the beautiful pictures of you and your lovely family! May God keep aiding you in your writing/sharing/and spreading cheer. I am humbled and honored that you’d think of me/JourneyofJoy 🙂 Thank you so much!!
Ps: learned so much about you. How touching (your brother) so sorry. How sweet of your mom to give him such an honor? I am really, really loving that turquoise color lately too; something about it is simply beautiful. It goes well with my heart’s favorite color (brown). And how about the odds you beat (with God on your side). I LOVE your story.. your son, statistics….. Yaaay God!! I admire the passion in your heart to give others hope in the same places God gave it to you.
Many, Many Blessings your way….
Thank you for the kind words. You are always so sweet! Yes, God has done some amazing things in my life. For a long time I couldn’t see it because I was focused on the wrong things. However, now that I am slowing down to enjoy the “moments” I realize how far He has brought me and just how blessed I am. One of my favorite scriptures these days in Romans 8:28 “All things work together for the good…”. Blessings to you as well!
Congratulations and many more to come. 😉
Thank you so much for the kind words! Also, thank you for visiting my blog.
Glad I found U, Happy HuMpDaY